Urchin Property Management Inc. - Privacy Statement
What Information Do We Collect?
When you apply to live at UPMI's properties or if you contact our staff or send us inquiries, we may collect some or all of the following personal information about you:
The information above is generally collected from you, but we may also obtain such information from financial institutions, credit agencies and your reference contacts, for the purpose of assessing your credit and for processing your transactions and payments.
Providing your Social Insurance Number is optional. Please note however that most credit reporting agencies use the Social Insurance Number as a unique identifier to ensure proper identification when conducting credit reviews and preparing credit reports. If you do not wish to provide your Social Insurance Number, our ability to obtain a timely and accurate credit report may be affected, hence affecting our ability to complete the contemplated transaction in a timely manner.
What Do We Use Your Information For?
Your personal information may be used by us as permitted or required by law and as reasonably necessary in relation to our transactions and services in the following ways:
• to process invoices and payment options; to provide you with other reminders and notices in relation to your property or premises; and
• to provide you with updates and information regarding services and opportunities offered by UPMI and affiliated companies which may be of interest to you (but only your name, address and telephone number will be used for this purpose).
Do We Disclose Any Information To Outside Parties?
We do not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. We may share some or all of your personal information as required or permitted by law, and as reasonably necessary in relation to our transactions and services with you, including:
• to third parties responsible for invoicing and payment processing;
• to credit bureaus and agencies to conduct credit checks;
• to financial and leasing companies;
• to your insurance agent or company and insurance adjusters;
• to affiliated companies of UPMI, for the purpose of tenant and customer follow-up
• to affiliated companies for the purpose of establishing your credit history among such affiliated companies, if you intend to enter into a transaction with such companies;
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
We retain your personal information as long as your relationship or transaction otherwise continues with us, and as long as reasonably necessary to address any issues and satisfy any potential legal obligations that we may have.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Third Party Links:
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
© Urchin Property Management Inc. - 2002-2013. All Rights Reserved